View Single Post
      11-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #16
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Very nice! The car sounds like a beast! I'm guessing it has the ESS TS2 kit?

I ALWAYS drive in DTC mode for safety reasons. Not only does the system intervene less, but the amplitude of its intervention is also not as great. All it took was one time pulling out in traffic before I should have, gassing it, and having all torque cut ---> flashing triangle to have me learn my lesson.

Btw, you'll want to check out Tekarbon if you ever want to get the amber "hockey sticks" deleted. The car will look many years newer. They also offer angel eyes upgrades and painted housings. The car looks great as-is, but check them out if you plan on doing any cosmetic mods in the future.
It is indeed the TS2 kit. Stage 1 with the 8.5 PSI pulley and cams. Might do intercooler and go back to the larger pulley if durability becomes an issue.

Normally, I'm not a fan of traction control. I got along just fine without it in my E36 328i. Rain, snow, whatever. As long as you know the limits of the tires in every type of condition and you understand how RWD works, you should be okay. However, with a car with double the horsepower, I'm playing it safe, ha. The throttle's much more sensitive, and the car'll spin the tires from a roll in second. I might turn it off six months from now, but I'ma take it easy until I get much more comfortable with the car.

I'm not exactly sure if the electrical side of the E46 M3 diff was preserved. It still works as you'd expect, though, so no complaints here.

I saw the tekarbon thread. I was already looking for ways to do a clear conversion. I want to do it all at once though (head lights, tail lights, side markers). It's going to be hard to find tail lights. Side markers seems like an easy DIY project, but the only place I can find tail lights at is Pelican Parts and they're a little more expensive than I'd like.

Last edited by tarheel91; 11-18-2010 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: tekarbon
Appreciate 0