View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
ZooyorQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
I know the high compression limits it, but I hope 91 or 93 gets you a little further than that! My car makes 564whp on straight 93 octane

You must have ridden in a car we've built, lots of people get giggly afterwards

The intake manifold for this one is from Horsepower Freaks, it was Trevor's choice. I would much rather have had an intake manifold of my own on his car but sometimes it's not so beneficial to try and reinvent the wheel. The intake manifold for the S54 is far from complex being that the throttles are on the motor side of the intake manifold. On any future Z4M builds, there's possibilities for something different

Doubtful you'll see a kit but that doesn't mean you can't have something similar!

Thank you everyone for your comments, they are much appreciated. I put everything I have into these builds and each and every one of your comments make me strive for better and better results! It has been a pleasure working with Trevor and his Z4M and I can't wait to see how she performs! Until then, SMILE, Trevor's car is already and there's still lots of updates to come!

Wow, its really coming together fast Shawn!

Just a note to those reading .. this is NOT my car, its my roomates/buddy's .. my car is a Turbo E46 M3 which runs the same ECU and is also tuned for Flex Fuel/E85. But I'm really excited to see how it performs compared to mine, mine is a built engine with a low compression, so I've lost alot of my low end, and its so fast its really only good for the freeway, on the streets, stop light to stop light I just blow the tires off, and it lags a little. Still a blast to drive, but this with the high compression, running on E85 is going to drive just like factory down low and then its going to kick you in the ass when the turbo spools up, which with this manifold, and running E85 will be pretty quickly. Plus it weighs alot less than my E46 M3. So needless to say I'm really anxious to see how it performs.

Shawn, my guess at 400rwhp was extremely conservative, for gas. Here in Cali 91 pump is crap.. I wouldn't tune for more than 89 for any car that will be forced to use Cali 91 pump. On E85 though thats another story.
Appreciate 0