02-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
what are you talking about? why would it be way higher? the difference in 3.73 to 4.10 is only 10%, thus your revs would only go up by 10%, ie 3000rpm to 3300rpm.... the only way it'd be 1000rpm's higher was if you're crusing at 10,000 rpms!

easiest way to solve your question is look at how you drive now. look at your current shift points and your typical cruising speed/gear, and then compare the effect of taller gearing. the change in rpms is linear, so 5% change in gearing is a 5% change in your rpms.

few members here went with taller gears, and the only regret is those who didn't go high enough. search around and you'll see threads on this. if you're only going 5% change, i say don't even bother then and save your money. the limited slip alone would put a big smile on your face.

Yea I guess I was not really being apples for apples as my experience with my 4:10 rear on my charger was always making my motor sing on the high way so extended drives got a little worried about my engine grate for stop light take offs though. I was just saying his rear end is a good rear end for a daily driver that's all.

So yea it be like knocking it over to sport mode.
Appreciate 0