Thread: Z4 stolen
View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Doctor Jeff
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4

Unhappy Z4 stolen

I am no longer a member of the Z4 club. My lovely black 2004 3.0 was stolen from my driveway in Omaha (USA) a few days ago. Long story short--it was a momentary lapse in being security-minded--I started the car to defrost the window, ran inside to get a bag and lock the door, and a thief made off with it. I called police within minutes of the crime. It turns out car theft is big business in Omaha, and theft rings will case neighborhoods regularly looking for easy grabs, especially when the weather is cold. They were obviously watching my driveway on an opngoing basis for quite some time, which is a scary thought in and of itself. (I am wondering if someone living in apartments nearby is involved, but this remains to be seen.)

No info from the police yet, but they tell me there is a 50% chance of recovery.

As many potential buyers read forums like this, it is a sapphire black Z4 with tan interior and black cloth roof, ~90,000 miles, only minor blemish is small scratch along left back bumper area. It has standard business CD radio with accessory input in ashtray installed. The license is Nebraska SIT 371, VIN 4usbt*******27376. There is a reward involved if you can help me get it back in good condition.

I called BMW and they said they were unable to trace the vehicle using BMW Assist for that model year. I feel really bad about it but am trying to be positive. I have already looked at some other cars, including a couple of 2009 Z4's, so maybe I will upgrade?

Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 02-23-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0