08-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #14
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
thought of that, but my z4 has like 20000 bucks in mods
How can you have $20k on mods and not have more power than an z4m?!?

I think my mods in total have cost less, and I have more power/torque, full suspension/brake/diff/bushings/cams/headers setup etc etc etc etc.
If you put 20 grand of mods in a z4 you should end up with a car that is more powerful and handles better than a stock z4m or you're doing it wrong (if perfromance is your goal)....

Z4m's are so cheap nowadays that swapping the car is the way to go imho.

If you asked this question 5 years ago it would have been different...

Anyway swapping an engine is very very difficult (especially to a s85 or so). Most projects are a matter of years and require a lot of expert help regarding the electronics. ECU, EWS, ABS ESP etc etc

Buying a wrecked z4m (with the mechanicals/electronics still ok) and swapping everything over is another option.

For supercharging the ESS kit is imho the only real option, but that is also still somewhat in development.
A custom supercharger or turbo is very expensive.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-31-2015 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0