View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #306
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
your chart looks pretty bang on...... i WISH we could get more TQ!!!!!!! after driving a stock 1M, it really reminded me of 2 things, how awesome the s54 is, how lacking in the Tq the s54 is!! it Really needs alittle more..... sighhhh but i cant honestly say the 1m would be a severe downgrade for me from my ///M z4 s/c, it does however have much better suspension... much better, nothing some kw clubsport cant sort :-)
I've been following this thread for some time. I have a E46 M3 with ESS VT2-500 that had issues with boost leaking. Cannot hold max boost (consistent 7psi with spikes of 8psi - 84mm pulley) for much time. I'm now upgrading to VT2-550 (80mm pulley) with AEM W/M and T-clamps with belts 3x fatter.

About 1M, you will never fell the turbo kick and torque with a S/C kit. But the 1M hates high rpms like the S54 does (redline at 7000rpm with power falling at 6000rpm). The only solution for you seems to be HPF if you really love the car, or trade for a turbo car from factory (996TT value should be pretty close to your car and a few more pennies).

My car has a 3.91 rear diff and if you want torque the 4.10 diff seems to be just right for you. You won't regret it, believe me. It totally transforms the car about torque felling at low rpm. The S/C doesn't do nothing in this range and it matches pretty well with a shorter diff ratio in mid and high rpm range.

Question for you: During upshifts at wot only above 7000rpms, the SMGII delays the gear change (S6 seems S2/3). I have a HPF ST2 clutch in the box but wanted to be sure if it has something to do with clutch not holding the torque, SMG ECU programing or wear out?

Last edited by Tiago; 10-13-2011 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0