Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
No, your posts are mis-informative because they lack accurate information. Not just the LSD, but the need for a cooling system upgrade, brakes, tires, etc.

What made you think the N52 needed a cooling upgrade? You compare it to the kit available for the 120d, whether or not there is such a kit it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison seeing how the 120d is a twin turbo diesel. Then you mention getting the BMW Perf Brakes off the e90 to fit on the Z4. Why? If you're going to mess with bias but have access to custom brackets, why stop there? Might as well put on Cayenne calipers - bigger and more bling... In response to someone's inquiry regarding a 35 profile tire, you responded

We obviously know what's standard on the Z4 3.0si. But what do you think a lower profile does? By having a smaller sidewall, the tire effectively becomes shorter. The 225/40 and 255/35 put you between 89.25 and 90mm or about 3.5". A 225/35 puts you at 3", so you lose about 1" of height.

End of day, nobody here cares what upgrades you do. None of us are vested in your car, but you came to us for questions/advice so you're going to get our feedback. And if you're post wrong information, it will be addressed, simple as that.
Right, where to begin? First of all, let me just correct you for a change. I don't know about the US, but the 120d in Europe is a single turbo diesel engine. The 123d is the twin turbo one (and it does not have a performance kit, the 120d does). I am merely saying that I wish there was a kit like this for the Z4 (i.e. a chip and a cooling system upgrade), I am not comparing anything. Furthermore, please understand my position correctly - NOTHING MADE ME THINK THE N52 ENGINE NEEDS ADDITIONAL COOLING!!!!!!! This is something that I, personally (i.e. my point of view on the matter), think that might be a suitable upgrade for my engine, if chipped, purely for the one and only reason that I would feel better about it and not worry that something might go wrong (I am not saying that it will, I am sorry if someone misunderstood my intentions, THIS IS FOR MY PEACE OF MIND ONLY, I am merely enquiring about possible upgrades, I don't see why you have to panic so much about it).

Wanting to swap the stock brake disks for grooved or drilled ones, PURELY for cosmetic purposes (again MY own opinion, I am not trying to convince anyone else to do it, the disks could be of the same diameter), does not mean I want to bias anything. I am still new at this and if I have said something that was not absolutely accurate it is because up until now I had no idea such a thing existed. Again, I am sorry if I have misled anyone or if someone misunderstood me.

As for the tires, like I said before, I am still new here. Until now I have NEVER been involved in picking tires. I drive the car to the dealership, they put SOME tires, I drive away. I was merely enquiring about the size because I read, either here or in the bimmerfest forum, that someone was using same size tires front and rear. Until today, tire size numbers (except the width) were a mystery to me. I guess I should have ask my question like this: What are the ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES of using same size tires front and rear?

I would like to apologize to anyone that I might have misled with my MIS-INFORMATIVE posts.
Appreciate 0