View Single Post
      01-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #37
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

To the vendor:

I apologize if I came off harsh initially. I realize it wasn't you who posted the statements about perceived butt-dyno gains and ridiculous figures. Your posts actually prove you are quite level with your products and it looks like you make nice stuff. It is good to have someone making products like that around, always. I dont care if its turbo kits or light bulbs, just don't make thing X and expect it to give you thing Y.

To pbdm4k,

I'm not attacking you. Realize that there is more that goes into the design of air pipes on 1000HP cars and even true CAI kits. This, however, is a pre-filter air scoop. At speeds, it can allow a modest improvement in post filter flow, but it isn't going to be significant. It is not re-ducting the way the air moves into or through the engine and isn't allowing any higher flow capacity through the air box or filter, which is where the real bottle neck is. (and on BMWs, its still not very much of a bottle neck, the air box design is actually quite good.) Its just helping shove the air in there a little easier. Your comparisons are off base.
Appreciate 0