View Single Post
      01-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #33
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Sorry for the late replies guys.

Skid Plates: In production and I should have a solid answer as far as eta and pricing goes for you. We expect pricing to be around or well under the $100 range.

Ram Air Scoops:

We make several changes to the scoops to optimize airflow and pressurization of air into the stock ducting. Laidback was here and he saw at the piles prototypes we did on the E60 and E63. Even the slightest angle change can affect how air pressurizes and flows into the ducting. For example, we flared the E63 scoops so that the gathered air was pressurized via slight decrease of scoop size into the factory duct opening. There is no question about the extra air that is coming into the engine with the ram air scoop. It is, however a funky design (somewhat horn shaped). The reason we have Laidback driving around with it is to get driving impressions and to see if there are any heat issues with the scoop in place. I've been getting a LOT of emails and posts about the scoops. I just ask that people be patient at this time so we can conduct our tests thoroughly. So far Laidback has given us great feedback but we would like to test it on a few cars. Those who are local and are willing to participate in the dyno testing phase, please CALL me (DO NOT PM or EMAIL ME) at 562-630-5966. Generally, we would like to see similar results on the dyno and on the street for atleast 4 cars. We prefer a stock car.

Here are updated pictures:

Appreciate 0