View Single Post
      07-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #359
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

So I picked up the car on Friday. Everything is pretty bittersweet because although it feels a bit like things are coming to a close, I really don't know how long the road is ahead of me. The endeavor has been crazy, and it's strange to be behind the wheel again. I wound up not towing the vehicle figuring I might as well drive on the new motor to see how it goes, and I've gotten around a little bit with it. There's still a healthy amount of fear behind it, who knows where it'll take me.

In the mean time, I was able to meet with JayL here in Austin and I've got some photos to share. Figure I'd throw them up for everyone.

Here are the two beauties side by side when they got back.

Engine as it sits currently.
New-ish Motor

Booties 2

Buds

Fronts

Here's the home of JayL's immaculate Schwarz/Cinnamon Coupe. Crazy beautiful combination.

JayL

I apologize for some of the photo quality, I was both excited and also in poor light conditions for some of them. It was a little ironic as JayL and I met, we both reinvigorated or passions for the Z4 M Coupe by reminding each other just how special these cars are. I can't be more happy that I had the experience to go out and see him. I'm sure it wont be the last time we link up.

I'll keep everyone posted on the rest of the journey. For now, it's mostly packing and preparing for the trip. JayL wants me to get an exhaust note/video for the new set up, and I think I still have one of the old. I'll see if I can't make that happen before I go.

Quick Edit

I was pretty dog tired when I posted that, but I had meant to share this as well.

When I was driving back from JayL's home, a guy pulled behind me and swerved hard to pass on the right and exit on what is more or less a frontage road. He was driving a decently modified RX-8 and had his windows down in Texas. When he rolled past me he must of noticed mine windows were also down because he stopped in the yielding right-hand turn lane and hollered "NICE CAR MAN"... now I really can't get over the Moupe. It's just not going to happen. Ever.

Last edited by Arsonism; 07-30-2017 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 5
wdb4732.00
Finnegan704.00
Vanne1620.50
NickyC17484.50
inTgr8r2431.50