RichardTS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 & Z4 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
I agree with you. Its really conservative but if done up right it can look awesome. In stock form its really lacking. Z4MC and Z4MR just looks more like its ready for business. I do love the luxury of the M3 which I was looking for and the Z4M cannot even come close...lol
I do miss the luxury/comfort aspects from time to time on long trips. I've driven 5 from Sacramento to L.A. pretty much non-stop in an E92 M3: I wasn't the least bit tired at all after driving that many hours. I can't say that about any other car I've driven that distance. On the other hand, there are aspects of the Z4M I prefer. Like anything there are tradeoffs.

Friend of mine just texted me about 30 min ago from Alhambra (just south of Pasadena) on his way home to Sacramento in a 1M. Lucky dog!

It's going to be interesting to see what that's like. The 135 I test drove was more nimble than the M3 in some ways (more understeer though) owing to shorter wheel base and lower weight. It was pretty darn comfortable inside. The 1M interior and seats look pretty similar to the M3, and if it's as comfortable as the M3 but even more nimble (M3 suspension bits, LSD, yet shorter wheelbase and lighter) it's going to be the best of both worlds. No EDC, but an M3 w/o EDC is still a very comfortable machine. The looks are more extreme (perhaps even polarizing) than the M3 as well. Many don't care for them, but I rather like what they've done with it. Needs a bit of a drop too though!
I routinely drive 420 miles on Friday returning the same 420 miles on Sunday in my M Roadster without much fatigue at all.

Geez, I thought the trips in CA where a lot longer but I see Sacremento to LA is only 384 mi. No problem in my car.
Appreciate 0