View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

Intoflatlines -- I live in Central IL, am on the board of Champaign Co. Sports Car Club which runs predominantly in Rantoul, and am also a regular with Chicago SCCA which runs in Joliet and have run with the Windy City BMW club. I don't want you to take too much offense but you really need to attend an autocross school and get some good instruction. You have a ton of bad habits to shed. Robin Blair and Jeff Kumler are both friends who would be more than willing to give you good instruction. Your first video with the guy pointing six directions was hard to watch. Course dissection is one of the first things I teach new students. If you are going through a course by yourself or with someone where you are "driving" it (ie. going from point to point), you will never advance. You need to get to the point where you have everything imprinted in your mind before you go out. The Chicago SCCA region and their events are one of the best put on the nation. If you attend their 2 day school, part of your fees is a weekend membership which can be applied to a year long SCCA membership. If you want a less competitive and more cost effective deal, CCSCC has events 2 weekends per month with 1 day costing $30 and the second $10 with no SCCA membership required.