View Single Post
      08-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Just looking at the opening slalom, I can tell you're not looking ahead enough.

The opening slalom you're taking each cone like a straight line, then suddenly yanking at the wheel to correct, and doing that at every cone. You should be weaving through a slalom, not straight line...turn, straight line...turn; etc.

As well, it seems you're waiting too late to turn the car, it is very abrupt and sudden. The car doesn't like that.

As well, it seems as so you have a death grip on the wheel. Every turn is almost forced like you are fighting the car. Throughout each turn you have multiple turn-ins where you are adding extra input into the wheel. You should be at a constant steering angle throughout the turn and modulate with your gas. Best way to do this is to go to a Cloverleaf on a freeway, take the turn at a single input and use the gas to modulate the line throughout the turn. And just keep on doing this over, and over, and over.

I don't know how tall you are, or anything like that...but you seem to be sitting away from the steering wheel quite a bit. I adjust my seat so that I can put my arms over the steerting wheel and my wrists sit over the wheel limp
Appreciate 0