04-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
hey fellas, that's me. OP, should've said hi...i didn't see any other zed's there so wouldn't have known. did you stick around to see the mustang burnout in front of all the cars as he was leaving

it's not everyone's cup of tea. i'll agree with the latter, it is functional. it puts a lot of undue stress on the rear hatch because that's where it's mounted. this car is slowly getting driven less and less on the street, and if that were only track driven i may have gone with a chassis mounted one like the goke - but that doesn't look civil at all.

we have to be careful with adding rear aero. i tracked at summit point a couple weeks back and the wing worked against me because my front splitter had not come in yet. braking suffered slightly and high speed turn in induced some under steer that i wasn't used to. i expected these things, but took these factors into consideration during my sessions and went about 8/10's.

also pictures from the track day will show my car on the straights in a full rear squat and lift in the front. not ideal. i'll report my experience april 15-16 at VIR with the front splitter installed as well for those who are curious.

cheers.
Cool to see another highly modified Z4 coupe in the area! We're building a Z4 3.0si coupe for a full-blown race car in West Chester, PA. We're going to run a full M-coupe suspension with KW Competition 2-way coil-overs. It'll have a Diffsonline LSD and possibly PFC 4-piston front brakes, 23mm brake pads will enable us to run one set of brake pads for the 12 hour Devil In The Dark at NJMP the end of April.
Appreciate 0