View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #45
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Sounds like they are a little high on the labor and totally ripping you on the parts.

For the CS16's I just put on, I purchased a set of used BMW OEM TPMS sensors off the web. They came without valves in them. I found out (on my first trip to get the tires mounted) that you can't just use any valve due to the aluminum TPMS stem. I lucked out and my local autoparts store had a TPMS Service/Rebuild kit from NAPA that contains: Valve, locking collar, both style washers (use the flat washer for the Sportlines), rubber seal, screw on plastic cap. I just looked it up online and it looks to be NAPA part# ECH 920261. And this NAPA part is only $3.50 versus $12 for other rebuild kits I've seen (those rebuild kits also have a new valve stem though I think).

I installed the TPMS sensors and the rebuild kits on all four rims and it took me maybe 10 minutes per wheel, and I was being very careful and used a torque wrench as well. There were no fitment issues whatsoever.

Here's a picture of the rebuild kit from NAPA. Googling the NAPA part number doesn't seem to find it. Go to the NAPA site, enter your vehicle and then sort for TPMS and it should find it.
Attached Images

Last edited by elerner61; 05-24-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0