View Single Post
      01-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #29
ZooyorQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
hey marcus!! glad to have you over here!!! BTW love that video..... thats the type of video that makes me make cake to watch!! pro-efi is the real deal imo...... i just love what it does!! This z4m is serious and im loving all the tuned z4m's coming out, its a perfect base to mod imo..... marcus, thanks for making this post and make sure you stick around ;-) love your m3 btw..... flex fuel makes me seriously consider pro-efi, but im not sure how it works with supercharged setups....
For an E85 conversion you need to flow 40% (roughly) more fuel, and its recommended (but not required) that you have teflon coated lines.. most 2003ish+fuel systems have something other than rubber for the fuel lines/etc so you'd probably be fine with just an uprated intank fuel pump. You'll also need bigger injectors to flow that additional fuel and a flex fuel sensor as well as a ECU that supports flex fuel. If you wanted flex fuel capabilities that is. If you're fine with just straight e85 (meaning you can't mix the two fuels) you'd just need a tune, injectors and an uprated pump.

You'd see gains on a s/c setup with E85 but not as dramatic as a turbo being your s/c is belt driven and our turbos are exhaust driven. E85 is 40% more fuel, which means more exhaust volume, which means a faster spool.. its also capable on our S54's to make 900rwhp+ on just E85. So if you had a meth setup running E85 would be similar results as your meth setup, but 100% of the time, and with less safety/reliability issues.
Appreciate 0