03-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
Lark
Gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Dinan S3/'13 BoxsterS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
I was pulled over. Then later witnessed/listened to, the same cop school 3 more uniformed motorcycle cops the most fun way to nail unsuspecting drivers and be clean to fine them.....all just in earshot of my hotel room. Odd coincidence I thought.
Seriously, "crooked" because they are figuring out how to make "clean" tickets. I hate getting a ticket as much as the next guy, but that is a long way from crooked. Now if they were discussing how to extract money from an unsuspecting driver to get out of a ticket, that's crooked. But that is not what you describe. Does Houston have a bad cop or two and has it has a scandal or two? Sure, when you have approx. 5400 cops in HPD alone (not counting Sheriff's dept, other municipalities, etc), you are going to have some bad apples. But my impression from 55 years living here is that generally Houston has a good police department. May be a bit of a homey here, but I just couldn't let this one go by. There is a reason a million people moved to Houston in the last decade and another 1.6 million are projected to move here in the next 20 years. It's got a lot going for it. (Although I am admittedly not too excited thinking about that population growth, I suspect I will have retired and move somewhere less populated by then.)
2009 335i/Coupe/Dinan S3
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si
Appreciate 0