07-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #38
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
So if I decide to get this install done @ RENNspec, I can look forward to ESS parts not fitting correctly (read: items too short etc)? It's not a simple case of waiting a week and picking the car up perfect? There are issues that the 3 of you have had where parts have to be modd'd to work right. Sounds like ESS needs to iron out the bugs still. Please correct me if I'm wrong here b/c I'm thinking of going this route.
Yeah, note this kit is not currently posted on their website. I didn't realize the implications, but I now take it to mean that they will still be making changes to the kit. Notably, even the instruction manual (seemingly easy to change) doesn't include mention of the new crankshaft pulley, which is the only reason my shop didn't have them overnight the part (which he says was missing from the box, ESS says the shop lost). My shop also battled with the IC piping and reported the troubles to ESS, so they're definitely aware of it and will probably make the offending pipe longer.

Another issue is the intake pipe going into the supercharger can easily hit the hood. Beedub warned me about this, and I warned my shop, but it turns out it is hitting. It's already worn a spot on the intake pipe and my hood, so I'm proud to be sporting a folded up paper towel taped to my hood in the spot that it hits when the engine moves torques

Video of the screeching, which did occur again after startup, is uploading. It actually takes almost 3 seconds to start making the noise after the engine starts...and lasts at least a solid 4 seconds. But then it goes away completely, and I have never heard it on a warm start.
Appreciate 0