View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
elwesso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

New Z4MC owner.. Planning winter "rehab"

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself... A couple weeks ago I bought an 07 M coupe from a dealer around Indianapolis.. Paid 26k for it, has 49k miles on it right now. Overall I think that was a decent deal. Maintenance seems to be caught up on it, it was regularly serviced at BMW for it's entire life. The condition of the car is fantastic inside and out.

I attached a couple of pictures. Right now the car is sitting in one of our buildings with its NOAH cover on it, ready to come out sometime in March or so.

I've been familiarizing myself with some of the nuances of this car, as it's pretty straight forward but there are some things that are different/unusual..

The first order of business will be to change all the fluids in the car, that way I know everything is fresh and to spec. The dealer said they used Mobil 1 oil, so I'd like to get that stuff out and get the castrol TWS. I've also been reading about that most like the MT-90 in the tranny, and Redline GL-5 in the diff.. That's what I use in my other car (Infiniti Q45) so I'm comfortable there.

The next things I want to look at is the VANOS bolts, motor mount bolts, and valve adjustment. I am not 100% sure the valves were adjusted at 25k like they should have been, but I've seen some of the horror photos online of the VANOS bolts shearing off, so I figured it would be a good time to do both of them at the same time. It would appear that those (3) items could be done pretty easily in a weekend.. Seems logical to at least check the valves while you've got the front of the engine apart for the VANOS.

My car was built 11/06.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0