05-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
InTgr8r, I don't know if you have an interest in better brake cooling? I am considering tracking my Z4M and would like to augment the good brake performance of our stock brakes noted by several trackers, with cooling. Previously I tracked an STi. A guy named Randy Zimmer designs and manufacturers aftermarket Brake cooling for Subaru's and several other car models called RooDucts. He has now developed brake cooling fans he claims work well. Randy was great to work with. I purchased one of his first sets for my model year Subie. The reason I am addressing you, Randy is located in Buffalo, NY. If we had someone close to Buffalo visit Randy, he could quickly evaluate if the Brake cooling fans would fit on our cars.

Just a thought. Let us know what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Brake cooling is definitely in my game plan.
I've been looking at traditional methods, but have to many other projects on the go to get to it yet.

I would certainly consider any alternatives, it's just not in the cards to happen any time soon for me.

I don't think routing the hoses is the issue. Can't you do it the same way I did with my Aero bumper? Rather than going through the wheel well, go through the splash guard and come back out under the front sway. Then it's just matter of figuring out how to mount the collectors up front.