View Single Post
      10-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #52
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Until I have the need to upgrade to a BBK I use a dedicated set of OEM rotors with Hawk HT-10 pads front and rear...I keep each pad and rotor paired up and don't mix them around. Also upgraded to metal caliper pin bushings and ss braided brake lines. The pedal feel is much better and it keeps my brake/accelerator pedal's positioning consistent durng the session...thus helping my heel/toe downshifts.

The HT-10s seem to be pretty good...until they get warmed up the initial bite is a bit hard to modulate...after a couple of laps they settle down and feel great.

I don't consider myself extremely hard on my brakes since the track I frequent (driveway austin, course L2) is not a high speed layout...I may get up to 75-80mph max and brake down to about 30mph, but never any more than that.

Brake fade has not been a concern, although brake fluid boiling may be on the horizon as I get more aggressive with things (i am going to take caliper, rotor and tire temperatures next time out to see how hot things are getting)...when you burn your fingers on your valve stem caps it's getting pretty hot. LOL

So far I have (6) 25 minute sessions on this setup and by the looks of it have roughly 90% rotor 80% pad left. I need to take actual measurements to confirm this though.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0