07-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #52
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
Last week I finally got my OEM wheel back from Wheel Collision Center in Bath PA, all brand new looking and perfect, and had the 4 new PSS's mounted, gone now are the stock Conti's that were on them. But today was really the first day I got to drive it pretty hard for a few hours. Put about 175 miles on them, back twisties thru the woods, about 88 degrees out and humid. The tires are awesome so far, and I almost feel like they broke in a little by the end of the drive. Mheav, I'll post pics tomorrow since you wanted to see them. And i'll put them next to another spare set of stock contis on oem rims that I have to show the true difference in look and size if any. (went to use the camera and batt was dead so no pic this eve).

I think the best way to describe the change is that I felt more in control of the car and it was giving better feedback thru the steering wheel. Especially noticed it on some longer curves that lasted ~ 1/2 half a mile, where you're turning slightly but doing it at 70mph for 20 seconds. they held those long curved lines really really well. The stock conti's felt like they fluttered a little thru those turns, almost tramlining in a way? PSSs didnt feel that way. Loving the new tires so far though (and they smell damn good too)! Pics tmrw.

tires > suspension

=D