03-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #21
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yes, that sounds like a drastically different approach, and a significant improvement. However, it is based on the assumption that run groups will be tightly controlled. My impression is that there is a lot of "upward" pressure to move people into the next run group for several reasons. One of them is simply financial. What does one do if there is an uneven distribution of participants across the 4 run groups on a given day? I am under the impression that the distribution is usually bottom heavy--especially when there are credits for first timers. I suspect another reason has to do with social issues/connections. Anyway, let's see if the model you outlined propogates. I've seen such moves elsewhere, but they weren't as extensive.
I've been running quite a bit with PCA recently and our region runs a very similar format. I've found that in Black (Group4/ A+) from a drivers standpoint is much safer to drive in because of the increased awareness and passing everywhere causing less trains and more emphasis on learning to drive your own session consistently.

I think more important is the screening / sign off procedures from group to group. I've seen other organizations who sign off anyone as an effort to fill up the larger groups, and often you see quite a bit more crashes and drivers out of their element in the mid to upper groups. I was more than happy to take the "slow road" to the top, and in the end glad I did personally.