Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Hi All,

Getting ready to do my FIRST track day this Friday and am considering track insurance for the day. I've found 2 companies that provide this service, (sorry in a hurry but will try to post links later) and both cost around 180-200 for the day.
My questions:

Anyone purchase track insurance who has a recommendation on which company to use.

Anyone, god forbid, actually have "experience," in using the insurance due to misfortunes at the track care to share?

Not sure I'm going for it yet. I'll be doing driver school so not sure how agressive I'll be. That said, I'm also pretty much a novice minus a few auto x days. Your thoughts comments are appreciated!
This is a good question JD. I'm debating the same although it looks like my policy doesn't explicitly exclude anything other than "timed events". But that is no guarantee as well.

Just so you know the DS experience with NCRC it's going to be: one session learning the line (progressive speed); one session of follow the leader with heavy passing (practice); one session on flags; and then two regular sessions. All passing is point by only and only on the straights in the DS and next level group.

NCRC runs an efficient, safety focused, yet bare-bones track event (for ~135.00 I might add), and the NCRC DS is a good way to understand the rules/track experience and see if it's something you like. But it's not a track-instruction intensive experience like other events.

Personally I liked DS because I feel I know the track and the rules/flags/etc. well enough I can dedicate my focus to my instructor this time w/o having too many things to keep track of. If you like this, and you're like me, you'll probably want to request an in-car instructor for your next time out with NCRC or go with HOD or BMW CCA for a more intensive instructor based experience.

You have some AutoX experience so I doubt you'll be as green as I was--but I really didn't push it my first time out and was focused on trying to be consistent in my lines, smooth on my inputs, and mindful of braking/weight transfer.

Not sure if any of this helps in making a decision but I thought I'd pass it along.
Appreciate 0