03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal_m View Post
The added a track extension in 2010 and made it so much more enjoyable. You may need to give them a call regarding roadsters; I've been out there on a few open track days with open top vehicles without roll bars so I doubt it would be a problem.

Would love to see you out there if you can make it!

link to the rules and regs: http://www.gingermanraceway.com/trac...nd-regulations
Thanks, I don't see anything on there regarding convertibles, I will have to give them a call this morning. A few years ago convertibles with rollbars were welcomed everywhere but the past year or two tracks and clubs have been not allowing them, even teh BMW Car Club of America does not allow convertibles or roadsters at their events anymore....as if an 335 or 135 with a moonroof and no roll cage is any safer , given the choice I would rather end up upside down in my steel roll bar equipted Z4 Roadster than in a 335 with no roll over protect except a thin layer of sheet metal.... but then again I was a motorcycle racer and I hit the pavement at over 100mph(130mph once) on more than one occasion so I feel safe in any car with 4 walls around me.
Appreciate 0