View Single Post
      04-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
The Eventuri intakes are quality pieces of kit, without a doubt. I enjoyed the sound immensely when I had one fitted. Changing/cleaning the filter can be a bit of a pain, but not so much as to be discouraging.

Easiest way I found to do it was just to unclamp the intake elbow where it meets up with the manifold, since that keeps everything else along the way lined up as it needs to be for proper fitment. Obviously you have to remove the MAF sensor and 13mm nut that secures the shield to the engine bay, but those are quick enough.

I would recommend changing/cleaning the filter every time you do an oil change (assuming you do it every 3-5K miles. The 6 hex screws that secure the shield/intake housing that clamp down to make a seal on the filter edges have the potential to rust tight, so keeping them in good condition is vital. Also, the seal gasket that fits between the cone filter and the housing can/will deteriorate with time.

It's a great product, but as with everything, there are things that are good to be aware of.

Hope you enjoy it!
Appreciate 0