View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #22
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Cowl woes.....I bought a generic wiper puller. Would not fit the diameter of the wiper shaft. Kept adding more PB Blaster over five days, more wiggling, prying and pulling. Could not get any movement of the arms. I was determined to remove the arms. Then I saw a mini crowbar in the garage, i had picked up at the $ Store. Long story here, using the edge of the cowl over the windshield to brace a crowbar is a bad idea. Good thing FL has a NO DEDUCTIBLE INS law. Did get both arms off using the crowbar. So trying to decide if I should install the new cowl, before or after my new glass gets installed by Safelite here at the house on Sat. I bought some new rivets from the Stealership and coated the cowl and all fasteners, wire holders and the drain collectors with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Stuff seems like the best UV protection out there for plastics, leather and rubber. Did install the Clutch Stop, after a few adjustments got it dialed in just to engage/disengage the clutch. Took it right to the point where the car won't start if it's out any farther. Really like the shorter throw.

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 02-04-2017 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0