View Single Post
      01-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #17
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Wiper Puller Ordered

Just found a puller, on Ebay from New Jersey ( although the contact by phone said Beijing Time hmmm ) $ 8.25 free shipping. My cowl came with one of the 8 glass side clips lose in the box. They appear to be attached by having the four little tabs melted down to the cowl and there is a screen type of material over the melted tab. I've had numerous emails with Douglas at Parts Container. Took lots of pictures of the unattached clip. He claims pics are not included in the Email, but I see them as attached in the Email. After trying to get them to send me a replacement cowl and let me return the one they sent, I decided to use some Loctite Super Gel glue and just be done with it. I wrote to them about all this wasted time and what they want to do about it, haven't heard back. I've tried 3 times to remove my wiper arms. Sprayed PB blaster into a plastic shot glass ( from a cough syrup container, I always save these as they come in handy ) I then dipped a Qtip into the oil and applied it to the posts. 3 different days, lots of wiggling, pulling...nothing. Yesterday, tried prying with a few various tools ( put a microfiber cloth between tools and bottom of arm so as not to scratch anything.) Felt like I had good pressure generated, lots more wiggling, pulling...nothing ! So I just placed my Ebay order for the window puller. If it wasn't that I had a new cowl ready to install, I'd be upset, as the rubber ring at the opening broke apart from the wedging and prying. So if I was just taking the arm off to repaint it, this would NOT be advisable.
I've pulled many different arms off cars over the years, generally not very difficult. Car is in great shape, I'm surprised at how tough this is proving to be. I'm a bit discouraged as the car is new to me, I've got upcoming projects I plan on tackling myself and this is proving to be a challenge.

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 01-23-2017 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0