View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Well, I drove the car today. It had only 4k miles and was a 2013 model with both of the big option packages that included a "sport" exhaust, Nav and upgraded stereo. For a lot of reasons, this is an impressive car. It is VERY fast and the engine sounds great. Don't let the fact it is a 2.5 liter 5-cylinder engine fool you--it is quick and I love the sound from the exhaust. The 6-speed gearbox is precise and smooth with no griding in any gears either up or down. The electric steering system feel is pretty good but gets very light when moving at slow speeds. Handling with the AWD system is great--you can take corners at high speeds with little worry of breaking loose. The stereo system makes ours seem like a telephone speaker. Fit and finish were excellent, the driving position was comfortable and the room in the back with the seats folded is about 50% more than the M-coupe.

The only thing keeping me from taking it more seriously is that I think the looks of the car might take a little getting used to. Granted they don't have the old bathtub shape of the original TT but it's still not a beauty like the M Coupe. If you have the time and are interested in cars like I am you should take one out. I drove a 2010 911S last week and I have to say that I preferred the driving experience of this car more than that one. YMMV.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0