01-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #50
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Does anyone here know why anyone, either for protection or for hunting needs an assault rifle and/or more than a 10 round magazine?

Same question above for a reason to own more than 2 handguns?

As for the "you can't compare us to anyone else because we are different", if all of the developed world does something better than we do (not get injured or killed by guns at even close to the same rate) wouldn't a logical step be to consider doing some of the things they do? Not comparing us to one country but every other developed country.

If a company/university/city found that everyone of their 40 competitors did some function better than they did they would consider doing some of the things that the other do. It's logical thinking. I can only imagine someone saying in a meeting that "no comparison, all of those companies are different than us" and ending the meeting.

One other thing, recently the NRA membership "surged" to 4.2 million members. With this being less than 2% of the population, besides money, why are they so important?
You may be right I don't know. The thing is you are the one looking to curtail certain freedoms we now have, so imo the burden of proof is on you to prove that doing so will achieve the desired result.

As for the business analogy that could easily work the other way. I'm sure there are many best practices that would certainly not work in specific industries because of the nature of that industry while others may be compatible.

I would personally go as far as agreeing to ban "assault" weapons or large magazine if and only if after a certain period of time we look at the data to determined if it had any significant effect. If not the bans are removed. Good luck having that happen though.
Appreciate 0