01-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONAR View Post
According to the website the Gen 2 isolated designs are "now shipping" though I don't know when they started. Esp. if they are FIFO, you could've got the last of the older design. Maybe call and ask with your part number presuming there is a difference in part numbers between generations. All I can say is the RE isolated mounts, with cups, the increase in vibration is in no way intrusive, the increase is perceptive but not by much. I bet you got a bolt through style
Yes, it looks like UUC has gone back to neoprene for their "black" transmission mounts. Just another things to confuse customers IMO, as a couple years back the UUC black were neoprene, then they were black were poly, now they're neoprene again. Resellers probably still have the poly in stock, and who knows when UUC changed, or what's been shipped.

I don't see on that link where they mention a new design--only that the option III (red track use only) is bolt through. IIRC the options I and II (red poly and black--neoprene or poly versions) were never bolt through. But they change the products around so much I'm not going to stick to that assertion too tenaciously.

I suspect Datastream has the poly. Easiest way to tell is that the neoprene looks/feels like very hard rubber; while the poly is hard, kind of shiny, and doesn't look like rubber. If they turn out to be rubber, the culprit probably is the "enforcer cups". These will cause an increase in NVH no matter what the dampening/isolation material.

Removing the cups and making sure things aren't over-torqued (easy to do since it's like 15 ft. lbs IIRC) might clear things up. Worth a shot if you don't want to spend more $$$, a PITA if it doesn't since install/uninstalls are a PITA to begin with.
Appreciate 0