12-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfm01 View Post
Some good info...thanks people! I do already have a weighted knob and it's great. The CDV issue sounds like a promising fix along with new fluid. Appreciated!
Engine mounts and trans mounts also help. I did everything at once based on what others had experienced. Feedback at the time was that trans mounts and engine mounts provided incremental improvement. When I first got my Z4M roadster, my trans was notchy and 1st and second were no fun. I did everything in one hit. Did the fluid swap in trans and diff, Vibratechnic engine mounts, transmission mounts, weighted shift knob, and CDV delete. The CDV delete won't help with the notchy shifting, but it just makes clutch engagement more predictable. I've driven manuals my entire life, and the CDV drove me nuts as it did most people here on the forum. I think fresh fluid will probably do a lot to improve the shifting if you want to wait to do the other items.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 3
bfm016.50
Finnegan703.00
ZAR4MC93.00