View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #94
Matt Romanowski
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFGJR View Post
Thanks for clarifyin, Matt. So, if I understand, while segmnets won't affect the Solo's predictive lap times, in RS2 we want "quality" segments for analysis in the Split Report view? And, do we want to start a segment BEFORE the braking zone so that braking is inclusive in the segment, or do we want the segment to start AFTER the braking zone, so that the braking is included in at the end of the prior segment? Or, do we want major braking zones segregated and excluded from all of the corner/corner or corner/straight segments?

I was probably somewhat inconsistent with where the braking zones were located in the VIR segment map that I sent you, so I'll re-work it based on your input.

Thanks!!!!
You're correct on the quality segmenting. I'm not a pro when it comes to segments, but I do know it's somewhat of an art. You don't want the segment to include a highly variable area - like catching just the beginning of a brake zone. That would make for a spot where later braking (that might blow the corner) could make the prior segment look really good but not attainable in practice.

I'll see if I can get someone to write an article for TrailBrake about segmenting. I'm sure we'll all learn a lot.
Appreciate 0