View Single Post
      05-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

N52 performance gains 3.0i vs 3.0si is it just ECU and such or is it more!

First let me say HI! I am new to the community and thought what better way to start my time here than asking a question thats probably already been asked a 1000 times before! Ive checked every where and cat find anything on it~
since the N52 3.0 engine from 2006 and on are basically the same engine
but one produces 212HP and the other produces 255HP what would one have to do to make the 3.0i act like the 3.0si?
ecu map?
different rear end?
exhaust?
intake?
injectors?
It just seems like if all the internal bore and stroke and such are identical and most of it is just tuning then how hard would it be to get the 3.0I to get to the 255HP level of the 3.0si?
so if anybody knows where to find ECU mapping for a 2006 or newer 3.0i I would be forever grateful !

also I remember hearing of the sport button being able to be retrofitted somehow on the older models? with a power cord under the center council, is this possible with a newer 06 or was this just an 03 early build bonus?
thanks guys for your knowledge!

also i read that you need a 3 stage intake and new software, does this make sence?

can anybody explain what steps are needed to get SI power out of an I, this is all reguarding the N52 engine.

-Chris-

any body have any ideas?????

Last edited by -c-; 05-31-2010 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0