Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
ZGirl,

I've been looking at an M2, as well. I'm not sure if I read your post correctly, but if you already have an M2 on the way, and your budget allows both, you have time to wait for the perfect Z4MC to come along. All indications are that the M2 is the car many of us have been wanting from BMW for years, and it sounds like it is going to be an incredibly fun car that you can probably drive for several years and sell it for what you paid for it if demand continues to outpace supply.

Because of the rarity of the Z4MC, it may work out the same, so that if you find one at a good price and keep the mileage low and maintain it in excellent condition, you can enjoy it as a weekend car for years and sell it for more than you paid for it in a few years if you ever decide to move on.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but here is a site that has listings for the Z4MC, and of course, they come up from time to time in the classifieds here. The perfect one will come along.

http://z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/

Salty
Yes I recently found that site. They had one amazing one but was just sold!

For now it's either going through with the M2 or buying the ZMC. The dealer allocations haven't been released yet so I'm looking at May or June delivery if I'm lucky. I'll be carless in about two weeks so it'll be hard to wait !

Based on what everyone has said I think it would be better to buy the M2 even if it's not limited production and search for the perfect coupe but since it's a waiting game, it'll be fate if I end up with the Z before the M2. I wouldn't want both simultaneously but eventually I wouldn't mind! I only have a one car garage.