View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #50
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Thanks.

Yep, she's gonna be smooth as glass and no die back (orange peel) with that deep wet look when I'm done but there's still a heck of a lot more to do before she gets where I want it.

Quote:
hmm,.... I have this beater 88 e30 vert that has rebuild in its future.
Go for it. It's only time and money LOL. Best way to plan the build budget is to add up everything you think you need and then double it (triple or quadruple the budget if this is your first project car. I have a 1970 Ford F100 shortbed and a 1968 F100 shortbed parts donor waiting in the wing for a complete frame off resto.

One thing I do that keeps a project going forward is to try to do something every day, If I don't do that I can get sidetracked for years.

Don't have to put 5 to 10 hrs a day into something every day but do something... anything. Since I sprayed it I have been kicking back a bit letting the paint cure nice and hard but every time I stepped outside and away from the Xbox I went to look at it and did something like sort out screws etc that I threw all in one box, put on a small part or pulled a little more of the masking off the car. By the time I went to bed, I had most of the trunk lid put back together and all the masking off the car from several 5-10 minute trips out to the shop.

Today was wet, cold and raining so I took advantage of it before parking my tail in the recliner and turning on the TV. I went on a trip to the BMW dealer to order a few small parts like some expanding rivits that were missing for the front bumper (I didn't lose them), a blind plug (that I did lose into never never land), a piece of weatherstripping for the bottom of the door and couple bayonet clips I broke.

Appreciate 0