01-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #22
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
haha yeah they're in Pasadena somewhere. Forget the exact location, but if you can get in contact with Eric then you should be able to set up an appointment. It'll take him a couple of days to finish the headlight and wiring work. The way he wires it is clean, but you'll have to add in your own remote feature for fade in/out. The remote feature is like a $20-some part off Ebay (which includes a dual-throw switch), then you can tap into existing wiring config and run a line into the passenger side glovebox area (through a hole in the firewall), and tap into the footwell light. Since the footwell light is connected to the rest of the interior light, your angel eyes will run with the courtesy lights for as long as there's no secondary power (i.e. the ignition line, etc.)
That's what the switch is for. Basically I have mine wired up so that at ignition position 2 and above, the angel eyes run off ignition and remain on. Once I dip below ignition position 2, the angel eyes will only be on if my courtesy lights are on.

You don't have to do all that.
Just tap into the relay box in the engine bay.
Mine come on with ignition & time out with headlight delay.
5min job no extra parts.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0