View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #34
v8z4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 roadster

On my Z4, the frame rails are ~27-1/4" and there is plenty of room for the LS to "fit". The difficulty is (as we all know) the driver's side header/exhaust manifold. If I ever do another LSx BMW conversion (ie: wife's e46 325i), I will go with a single passenger's side mounted turbocharger. That way I can take the driver's side manifold forward, down, and to the passenger's side and avoid all the header issues (plus build far more HP/TQ).

A lot has happened over the past few months, but I have been so busy with work (and working on the car) that I have not been online much. The motor is currently mounted, I'm 80% done with the driver's side 1-7/8 long tube header, and I hope to start on the passenger's side this weekend. The rotating assembly is being balanced (my machinist had back surgery so was out of work for a few months) and the LS7 block is on its way to CA for a resleeve. Unfortunately, tax season is starting so most of my weekends (through April) will be spent at the office rather than in the garage. Shooting for a summer time completion (if everything works out).