View Single Post
      08-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #24
lsz4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 6.0

Hi v8z4 I'm putting an ls2 in an E86 at the moment mine is a full track car, once you get started on motor fitment you realise its not going to be that easy.

I have completely ditched the z4 rack steering and suspension and modified the cross member and suspension from a holden hsv (Pontiac gto) for a couple of reasons this has much more adjustment than the z4 and I can get a set of ohlins to suit, chassis had to be cut and strut towers have to be moved back to get the geometry right.

the bigger problem with the original z4 suspension set up is the mounts at the rear of the lower control arm are mounted inside the rail limiting where you can mount the motor or run your exhaust switching to holden front end eliminated that problem

As the power steering s based on wheel sensors, engine speed,yaw sensors that are hooked into the bmw computer this will no longer work either, you may find away around it but it will be extremely difficult. I'm just swapping it for the holden set up.

to get the weight back to 50/ 50 you need to remove a section of the firewall keep in mind my car has been completely stripped bare you should have a little more weight in the rear.

mine will be set up for track it's probably more effort than you need to go too, and most of my problems have stemmed from suspension issues trying to get it to work with the flossman gtr kit.
Appreciate 0