Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
No anger it's just that there's so much misinformation in your posts, from y-pipes, spark plus, tire size and now this - all of which could have been avoided if you had actually read, searched, or called the company.

Seeing how no bimmers minus the M come with a LSD, you'd realize it's one of the common upgrades among Bimmer enthusiast (especially those who auto-x or track) across all platforms so there are no specific issues to just the Z4. Any issue with noise would most likely have been due to installer error. Nlink720 and I both have LSDs and they work flawlessly without any increased NVH.
Hey, that's fine. Thing is, the closes race track is in Greece, some 200kms away from where I live. I really do not need a LSD for track or auto-x since I don't do either. As I have said before, this is a mod that I put at the bottom of my list. I understand what it does and what the gains are, but still I am not sure I want such a modification.

Also, I wouldn't call my posts mis-informative, it's just a question of grinding through all of the information to get to what is actually applicable and works. I do intend to start a thread about my mods when they get under way. The biggest problem I have now, except with the parts I am going to get from the dealership, is the availability of some of the mods in Europe (i.e. Gruppe M Ram Air System). I will have to look further to see if there are dealers around here.
Appreciate 0