07-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtfour View Post
Thanks for answering.

I checked you vid in your other thread and we definitaly have the same problem.

I did a lot of Google research on this subject today and it seems no one have the answer yet.

You can see in this thread that Palantirion was having this problem couple of year ago. He said the solution was a bigger oil cooler but I really doubt it cancel the problem...
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...185835&page=72

Also, I'm not so sure this problem is directly related to heat. I was at the same track 2 weeks ago at 35 degrees Celsius and it never happened and yesterday was fucking cold at 14 degrees Celsius and it happened both session during second lap.

One thing is sure: I would never be able to have this problem while driving on the street. You need to carry some speed to have this problem. I saw your track video in your other thread and nice driving BTW!

Also, do you have any cats on your car? Removing them helps to reduce the heat. I only have the section 1 cats but might return catless.

I won't track the car until I/you find a solution to this problem. Anyway my season was almost over because I am buying a new house next month and my girlfriend is pregnant and only a month before the baby is coming.

I was also considering going back to N/A lately. If this problem is cause by the ESS kit, I will most probably put the VT-445 for sale. I have other plan for the M Coupe for the future. Lightweight is my priority right now!

After speaking with AJ at ESS many many times Pal was having a temperature related limp mode for sure. I took that out of the equation when I had the VT-1 with a bigger oil cooler and still occasionally had it when driving balls to the wall. I lived with it but was hoping the "new tune and better oil cooler/intercooler and low IAT" of the VT-525 would fix it. It is frustrating bc it was not temp related, but def related to high rpm and long term WOT. Going to the 525 has made the issue many times worse. There is a problem , it's not ok,and rest assured I will find it!
George
Appreciate 0