View Single Post
      07-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtfour View Post
I have done around 15 track days without any issues.
It all seems to depend on prolonged acceleration for greater than 10 seconds in 4th or 5th gear for me. Very few tracks allow this. There are multiple people with ESS kits that have this problem now so I don't think its some mechanical failure on one of our cars, but a failure of the tune to deal with a certain situation on track. I have temperature issues under control and its still happening to me. It would rarely happen like 1 in 3-5 track days when I was VT-1., now that I am VT-2 525 I've actually done it on the street when i was testing temps on an old runway (It happened almost every lap when going 80% of my usual pace at the track) . Hit the top of 4th near redline after going WOT through 3rd and 4th gear and blamo there was my old yellow friend. Oil temps were 215 and intake air temps were 105 with water temps of 192. Oil pressure was good as well. And I have taken the fuel pump out of the equation with the Aeromotive 340. My bet is on fueling but I think its tune related. We will know for sure on Tuesday though.
George
Appreciate 0