3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Great post, really informative.

i went for the tillet carbon seats for weight ( massive massive saving over stock and that includes the hardware as well ) side mounted setup with siders too for ease of use. the seats are way way more comfortable than they would appear and can be driven in for hours on hours. The tillet is a extremely expensive option but the quality is GT3 Rs worthy ( the resins do kinda stink however, lol) and the support they offer is NUTS. Whats really cool is the lower seat is like a bowl so your sat super low and the seat is molded in a slight reclined position which extends your feel out in-front of you, difficult to describe but by far one of the best seating position Ive enjoyed. I used all the stock components such as seat belt reciprocals, tensioners , etc for an oem type finish. No wiring cut, all premade harnesses for a plug and play setup. combined with the Deep dish MOMO model 07 steering wheel the driver zone in this car feels so special. Setting it all up for the drive was a REAL pain and took weeks to get right, the passenger seat went in perfect on the second hit ( iv got it set slightly lower than the drivers seat , passengers always comment how cool it feels sat on the floor, lol). If you havent already i really recommend a proper steering wheel setup to get the most from your seat, the thinner rim just brims with feel and makes an already excellent rack feel so much more alive!
Those seats are amazing. I don’t think my old lame self could deal without having cushions. But you can’t ever go wrong with carbon seats lol.