01-01-2024, 10:41 AM   #105
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast View Post
You can get away with the HP50 unless you want over 600hp. Depending on what your use case is the parts list will be different. Mine is a race setup. The transmissions are cheap, but if you need all the components, it can add up quickly.

The key components are:
  • Transmission
  • Trans Mount is a custom fab for the Z3
  • The driveshaft will have to be fabricated lengthened or cut
  • Flex Plate
  • Harness and upgraded Metronics
  • HTG GCU
  • Oil Cooler for the Transmission
  • Shifter or Paddles
  • Cann Controller

The next thing you will need to look at is the differential setup, Turbos will range from 2.91 to 3.23, and NA cars will be more like 3.46 to 4.10

Once you have all the components together, it is worth getting with Bartek at HTG to set up your initial configuration and tune. This will be worth the time and money.
Thank you! That's a good list, that transmission mount and prop shaft will be custom made. The car will be street legal and it have to weigh a certain amount so I'll go with the 8HP70 to add some weight and future proof it, but it will run on stock power in the begining. A complete F8X M rear end will be used, and I have a 3.91 ratio laying around if needed.

With the upgraded mechatronics, do you mean the need to splice/solder the OEM wiring?

The CAN controller is needed to communicate between the ECU and GCU?

Last edited by Westersund; 01-01-2024 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0