View Single Post
      05-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I think what he meant more, was that the Cayman S sport mode is absolute perfection! It literally is EXACTLY as you would want it. You can tell the little fine details on the cayman S like that, like the impecable and razor sharp steering, the fact that it handles better, but at the same time rides more comfortable than the z4m. Like another person said, the cayman S is to the point where it is so good you cant fault it for anything. And the new gen has even improved upon what it a masterpiece of a car.
That's exactly what turned me towards the Z4MR vs the Boxster S. The Z4MR takes a lot more concentration and skill to drive well (always challenges me to improve my skills) and always has a hooligan edge to it that makes it so much fun. The Boxster S was somewhat clinical to me, too much finesse with less challenge than the Z4MR, too easy to drive well. It depends what you like.

The Z4MR demands respect when pushing it hard (as I found out when I was a little late braking and spun it at over 140km/h on the track last year). The way that it can be subtly adjusted into a corner with slight trail braking that then makes it absolutely neutral in handling, or the way that the ///M diff just grips and causes the back axle to squirm gently under your backside under hard acceleration, add to it's quirks and charm.
Appreciate 0