View Single Post
      05-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #653
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneEngineer View Post
Awesome video! Details on the audio setup? Curious about both the microphone type and mounting configuration / exact positioning. I haven't had a chance to continue my early experiments, but under-hood mounting proved difficult. Also, remind me what your exhaust setup is...

My Z4M is currently at ESS having its kit dismantled and reinstalled...hoping for real improvements!
thanks! hope you caught which parts were slow motion. next time I'll make them greyscale vs full color to stand out more.

Audio-Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone. Goes down to 50hz as opposed to many others that start at 100hz. Also, I've tried the Olympus ME-51S and it was WAY too sensitive and gave me feedback noise.

The Audio-Technica uses a watch battery, so you gotta make sure you don't drain the battery by leaving it on accidentally. The cord is long enough to place anywhere on the car, which makes it annoying sometimes, but better than too short. Its attached with tape on the top right of the license plate area. The BEST spot for curing wind noise. Trust me, I've tried everything, including putting it into an easter egg full of fur.

For exhaust, I have euro headers, 90* bungs in the stock section 1, and everything else is stock. Its mostly intake sounds, and I like that. The exhaust sounds like a quiet little chainsaw

good luck on your car