View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroppi View Post
Wow, that's WAY better than before. You carry speed through sweepers, don't get late on slaloms and in general go way faster.

I only noticed three things:

At around 0:40 in the curving slalom, you straight-line through the cones rather than drive the slalom. This ends up slowing down your entry into the sweeper following the slalom. It's usually better to drive a slalom even if you don't have to.

At 0:50 it looks like you enter the sweeper too hot and the car seems to push a lot. Your exit into the wallom at the end is pretty good, though. Maybe this criticism is bogus. It's hard to tell from the video.

There are a few places where you coast for a second (the start, 0:17, 0:25). I'm terrible about this. You want to be hard on the gas, transitioning to hard on the brakes with no coasting in between. All our local hotshoes are always yelling at me for screwing this up.

Another suggestion is something I'm trying to get better at. One of our local national champs who also drives a bmw (a DSP 330i) is always pushing me to choose the line that lets me get on the gas earliest and hardest coming out of a corner. High power cars with good LSDs (i.e. the M coupe) have the biggest advantage under acceleration, so it's best to use it. I can't see any specific ways to improve this on the video, but it's worth keeping in mind.
Where do I exactly straight line the slalom? At the end going into the last corner?

I did push really hard at the end of the slalom at :50. I tapped on the brakes and the car bit again. I was topping out at second gear at the end of the slalom and it was my last run, I was trying to squeeze as much as I could get.

I noticed those lifts as well. It certainly doesn't seem like that when you're driving.
Appreciate 0