07-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #36
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
I am one of the very lucky E46 M3 owners who was able to grab a CF Airbox from Evolve Automotive awhile ago. As others have mentioned, this modification isn't for everyone, but well worth it for those who want to maximize N/A gains and driving experience. $4200 RRP sounds like a lot, but when you factor in that it includes a tune, then compare it to either OE CSL or other competitor Airboxes, it really is a great deal!

I have driven extensive miles on both my Airbox setups (stock vs Evolve) and I can say that the car really does pull substantially harder. On top of that, the induction noise is really out of this world. As many of you may already know, Evolve has nailed down the throttle mapping for our cars and makes things incredibly smooth. With the AlphaN, the car feels even more responsive! It literally feels like an old fashioned fly-by-wire throttle. This suits my needs incredibly since I do enjoy the car on the track and heal-toe shifting is much easier!

The Z4M community is already a very unique and small niche of car enthusiasts. This would be a great modification to set yourself even further.

Enough words...here's a couple videos...

My E46 M3: Evolve CF Airbox, Evolve AlphaN, SS V1 Stepped Headers, SS V1 SPipe

Friend's E46 M3: Evolve CF Airbox, Evolve AlphaN, JVT Headers, CPI Euro200R, SS XPipe, RE El Diablo Muffler, TMS Pulleys

...uh oh...
z4m alpha n tune with this carbon air box is a great idea......but i don't need to hear it from an e46 owner....i wanna hear from a z4m owner.

we all know how hard the computer is to tune. so until I see a true CSL box with a true Alpha N tune its all hog wash till then
Appreciate 0