06-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
goomanchu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Sepang M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
For the average owner that plans on weekend driving it, is this car worth significantly more (or even less) than the car that has 12,000 miles on it? I agree it's great for someone that plans on putting it in storage and almost never driving it but I am not sure that occasional driving wouldn't have been just as good as it sitting for many years.
Right. On extremely low mileage - disregarding the mechanical issues that may be present from lack of use - which could be quite important, is there a reason to pay a "premium" for the extra 10K miles, when you are already talking about otherwise equivalent very low mileage cars.

ex: Black on black, premium package M coupe (I think also 2007) with 12K miles sold at a BMW dealership in Texas last week. clean car-fax, no issues. Was listed at 33,8K. I would hazard a guess it sold between 32.5 - 33. I was watching that car, but it sold. This car is quite a find, just not sure how to quantify value on the "never driven" aspect of it. NADA and KBB will put a very big number on it - but I am not sure that is realistic.
Appreciate 0