View Single Post
      11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #15
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Stock front is actually 8", and rear is 9". If you're sticking with the stock tire sizes for now you've got some constraints on the front max width rim (at least to stay within mfg. recommended tire sizes). I'll admit up front I'm not a fan of the stretched tire look, and if you performance drive at all, I'm really not a fan.

Front, you're looking at a max of 8.5" while sticking to the max recommended width rim for a 225/45 tire. With the 8.5" width, you can also run a 235/40 and a 245/40 no problem, and not run into issues with the rim being too narrow for the tire. A 8.5" ET38 will work, even with the 245/40 tire (well, at least with the PSS for sure), no spacer required.
one thing I don't want to do is move to a lower profile tire. I use my ///M as my daily drive (almost 90k miles so far) and here in NH the roads absolutely SUCK. The local tire shop that does wheel straightening knows me by name - seriously. My existing rims have all been straightened twice in the 3 years I've owned the car and would be due for a third trip if I wasn't replacing them.

So, it appears that the 8.5" front & 9.5" rear is the way to go for me. I would think I could fit a 235/45 front and 265/40 rear without any additional mods.

Now - please educate me. All the wheel specs I have been reading about spec an "offset" and everyone here on this forum mentions "ET". What is the difference?
Appreciate 0